HEALTH = WEALTH ARTICLES
Please note that articles have been included on this website for their individual value. Sharing them with you does not mean that I necessarily endorse everything written/taught by a particular author or found at their websites.
Health = Wealth Article Index
- Simple Green Smoothies
Honest Food Guide
- By Connie Lacelle
- January 16, 2009
- I've been learning about the health benefits of drinking green smoothies and have discovered they can be really delicious! In this brief article I'd like to share with you some principles for making your own simple green smoothies.
Cancer Fighting Foods and Spices
- Mike Adams, Health Ranger
- Date unknown
- At that website, you can purchase the Honest Food Guide as a printed and laminated document. I quote from that page regarding the guide:
- "Free from the corruption and influence of various food industries (dairy, beef, junk foods, etc.)
- Designed to benefit you, not Big Business
- Offers genuine nutritional information, not watered-down information designed to boost the sale of milk, beef and grains"
- You can print a PDF copy of the Honest Food Guide here if you'd rather not go off my website.
What Would Jesus Eat?
- By JoAnn Guest
- Audience and date unknown
- The National Cancer Institute estimates that roughly one-third of all cancer deaths may be diet related. What you eat can hurt you, but it can also help you.
Almonds Aid Weight Loss and Lower LDL Cholesterol
- By Rebecca Sodergren
- Excerpt of a book review for Post Gazette
- November 13, 2003
- Among evangelical Christians, that's been a popular question in recent years. At first, the question was simply "What Would Jesus Do?" shortened to "WWJD" on bracelets and bumper stickers. The acronym reminded people to think about what Jesus would do before acting in a given situation.
Mono Sodium Glutamate Poisoning
- By Barbara Minton, Natural Health Editor
- January 27, 2009
- "If you want to steer clear of the devastating side effects of statin drugs and still get your cholesterol numbers looking good, eating almonds may be just the right choice. Studies have shown that eating a nutritious diet that includes almonds sends LDL numbers plummeting. And there's more. Eating almonds provides super strength protection against diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer and even weight gain and obesity."
Interesting Information About Water
- Author unknown
- Date unknown
- The food additive MSG (Mono-Sodium Glutamate) is a slow poison. MSG hides behind 25 or more names, such as "Natural Flavoring." MSG is even in your favorite coffee from Tim Horton's and other brand-name coffee shops!
High Water Intake/Lowered Coronary Heart Disease
- Author, audience and date unknown
- Drink more water, please! I want you to stay around a little longer… The following message would be a good one to print off and put on your fridge.
Toddlers Have Bad Eating Habits
- Author and audience unknown
- Loma Linda University Press Release
- April 25, 2002
- In 1999, nearly 530,000 people died from coronary heart disease. More than half of them had no previous symptoms of heart disease. Drinking high levels of water can significantly reduce the risk of coronary heart disease; say researchers at Loma Linda University.
The Top Three Ways Raw Food can Help Release Food Addiction
- Author unknown
- Associated Press Release
- October 26, 2003
- SAN ANTONIO -- Even before their second birthday, many American children are developing the same bad eating habits that plague the nation's adults -- too much fat, sugar and salt and too few fruits and vegetables. A new study of more than 3,000 youngsters found significant numbers of infants and toddlers are downing French fries, pizza, candy and soda.
Purple Pectin for Arthritis
- Angela Stokes
- Natural News
- January 26, 2009
- "Healthy children do not naturally start to reach out for highly processed, addictive 'foods' such as bread, cakes or hamburgers; they are mainly interested in fruits. Eating 'franken-foods' is learned behaviour... By the time we reach adulthood, we're thoroughly 'hooked on cooked' toxins and immersed in our emotional dependency on them; it's easy to see why it might feel challenging to let go and choose something different to eat."
- By Connie Lacelle
- January 22, 2009
- In 2008 I was diagnosed with the beginnings of arthritis. In this brief article I'd like to share with you my story of learning to deal with it.
- By George Mateljan
- World's Healthiest Foods
- March 2, 2009
- "Whole books have been written about garlic, an herb affectionately called "the stinking rose" in light of its numerous therapeutic benefits. A member of the lily or Allium family, which also includes onions, garlic is rich in a variety of powerful sulfur-containing compounds including thiosulfinates (of which the best known compound is allicin), sulfoxides (among which the best known compound is alliin), and dithiins (in which the most researched compound is ajoene). While these compounds are responsible for garlic's characteristically pungent odor, they are also the source of many of its health-promoting effects. In addition, garlic is an excellent source of manganese, a very good source of vitamin B6 and vitamin C and a good source of selenium."
- This article is chockful of such information!
Lifestyle Changes Decrease Inflammation
- By Connie Lacelle
- March 8, 2009
- A few tips to help you keep your freezer and household running more efficiently.
Living the Real Simple Life
- By Sheryl Walters
- March 17, 2009
- Please follow the link to read the entire article. Here is the first paragraph:
- (NaturalNews) "When most people hear the word "inflammation" they think of the swelling and redness that accompanies an injury such as a sprained ankle. However, inflammation can also be systemic and caused not by injury but by lack of exercise and a poor diet. Systemic inflammation increases the risk of cancer, hypertension, heart disease, gastrointestinal problems, and many other health conditions. In fact, many anti-aging experts believe that inflammation is the greatest cause of premature aging, so preventing it is also vital for looking young. Increasing exercise is one key to decreasing systemic inflammation, and the other key is to consume a diet that does not promote inflammation."
- By Terry Moran, ABC Nightline
- May 15, 2008
- A very inspiring YouTube video. Here is a family of four adults living totally off their small (1/5 acre) suburban lot--and selling excess produce. This is extremely motivating...if only the weather up here in northern Ontario would cooperate! Check it out--maybe you can do this!
I have collected a variety of articles like these from the internet. I do not necessarily agree with all of the information in these articles or the sites from which they came or any resources they may reference, but thought they might be good food for thought. Take a look and see what you can find. I’m looking forward to your feedback after you’ve done some research!
If you would like to comment on any article, I would be happy to receive it. You may send me an e-mail.