HOME SCHOOL ARTICLES
Please note that articles have been included on this website for their individual value. Sharing them with you does not mean that I necessarily endorse everything written/taught by a particular author or found at their websites.
Home School Article Index
- Weaver Curriculum Lesson Planning
G. A. Henty Books Correlated with Streams of Civilization
- By Connie Lacelle
- For a customer
- August 28, 2008
- If you use the Weaver Curriculum, this article will help you immensely with planning your lessons. You might get a great deal out of it even if you don't use the Weaver!
Prepare and Pray! Curriculum
- By Connie Lacelle
- For the ladies at the Unofficial Weaver Yahoo group
- January 15, 2009
- A homeschooler on the Unofficial Weaver E-mail List to which I belong inquired whether the Streams of Civilization volumes would help her get a better understanding of history from a Christian perspective. Because I had purchased these volumes, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth. The article is an edited version of what I posted.
- By Jim and Robin Brashear
- Shekinah Family Ministries
- Date unknown
- "A vital part of any well rounded education will include emergency preparedness. This extensive, yet practical hands-on course will equip the participants to be ready to face whatever the future brings, while always acknowledging the True Source of our well being: God Himself! A 36 week literary unit study designed for the whole family, toddler through resident Grandma and teaches a confident, positive approach to impending difficulties using simple resources and family teamwork. Fear is not the object of this study, but it is our desire to stimulate a watchful, prudent attitude which will equip children and parents to develop untapped abilities, press through physical limitations, and respond reasonably and scripturally to threatening situations and the challenges of end-times living. Learn outdoorsmanship, survival skills, and sustainable living skills from a practical academic course for all ages 3-103!"
- Watch for the link to sample pages in PDF format. I have printed off several for my own use--such as how to make emergency shelters and build a campfire. While you're on the website, check out the article "The Kingdom of Yahweh."
If you would like to comment on any article, I would be happy to receive it. You may send me an e-mail or use a contact form.