For further information, please contact me at:
Phone (705) 969-9698 (identify yourself to our answering machine)
Fax (705) 969-9698 (press *9 after the beep)
E-mail (see list of addresses)
What I might be able to do for you:
- temporary or contract work, part-time or full-time work
- word processing of manuscripts, manuals, small mass mailings or bulk mailings, correspondence, etc.
- assist writers with such things as editing, proofreading, desktop publishing or graphic design
- assist website developers with such things as editing, proofreading or coding
- design forms and systems, clerical work, data entry, Quicken bookkeeping
- preferably work out of my home, but if necessary at an establishment in Hanmer/Val Caron
Significant Business Experience and Skills:
- MS WORD 2000 and 2003; Windows 95, 98, ME, XP; Internet Explorer; e-mail; HTML and CSS; Quicken
- typing/keyboarding speed approximately 60 wpm
- archiving, classifying, researching, filing/controlling materials, records management, data entry
- observing, analyzing, proofreading, editing
- clerical and secretarial work, reception, mailing, minute-taking, scheduling
- desktop publishing and graphic design (including some website design)
- writing of various kinds, communicating (especially in writing), explaining things well
- conceptualizing and producing printed products, developing forms, writing/designing curriculum materials
- general administration, management, supervision, adapting to various situations and problem solving
- bookkeeping and reconciliation, handling and receipting donations, invoicing, payroll, record-keeping
- Oh, yes, and I created this website! Do you like it?
- inventive and creative organizer, systems developer and controller with emphasis on details
- can usually keep several things going at once
- very good at proofreading, record-keeping and records management
- good problem solving and communication skills, can explain things well (especially in writing)
- extensive current experience with the internet and e-mail
- to finish several products that I have designed and find a publisher for them or market them from my own website
- to be able to design websites for others
- to write inspirational articles and books
Relevant Employment History:
- The Source by Circuit City
- June 2005 to February 2007
- Sales Associate
- Duties included customer service, pricing, merchandising and inventory control.
- Peterborough Business Centre
- July 1988 to March 1989
- Office Clerk
- Provided secretarial/receptionist service for walk-in clients and regular clientele. This chiefly involved typing resumes and letters, receiving and sending FAX documents, and telephone messaging.
- Canadian Cancer Society
- September 1986 to May 1988
- Financial Development Secretary & Computer Back-up Operator
- Provided general secretarial services for the Financial Development Administrator. This included (but was not limited to) typing and mailing correspondence and documents, filing, taking minutes, designing and implementing various index, code and mailing systems and several control forms and procedures, receipting and depositing donations, proofreading and correcting detail errors, income reconciliation and reporting, telephone work, and occasional PC spreadsheet input. As computer back-up operator (IBM System 36) I primarily kept the printers running, did nightly back up, and assisted staff in understanding the system.
- Outreach Canada
- November 1985 to September 1986
- Administrative Assistant
- This temporary part-time position consisted primarily of general secretarial duties. I was responsible for typing correspondence and documents, banking of donations, telephone and reception, etc.
- World Concern Canada
- September 1979 to October 1985
- Computer Operator (IBM System 36) / Constituency Services Manager / Clerical Services Manager / Executive Secretary / Bookkeeper / Office Manager
- Most of these positions were held simultaneously for the first 4.5 years as I developed and implemented all in-house systems for the fledgling organization. This included (but was not limited to) reception, telephone, petty cash, correspondence and document preparation, mailing list input and control, donation processing, manual and computer receipting and reporting systems, payroll and accounts payable. As the volume of work increased I recruited, trained and supervised clerical personnel and served as secretary and assistant to the directors, management team, and board of directors. I also assisted in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, preparation of manuals, and consulted on project design and implementation, etc.
- Trinity Western College (now Trinity Western University)
- June 1974 to September 1979
- Secretary to the Registrar / Acting Registrar
- Duties included numerous aspects and details of student recruitment, preparation of student files, preparation for and co-ordination of student registrations, scheduling of exams, preparation and distribution of transcripts, diplomas and degrees, correspondence, and miscellaneous reports. During a 4-month interval between Registrars I became Acting Registrar and assumed even more responsibility for making and carrying out daily and year-end decisions in regard to office functions, including responsibility for the work of two fellow-employees. The job required the ability to pay careful attention to detail, make decisions, and work without supervision.
- Drs. Nelson & Pankratz
- June 1973 to May 1974
- Major responsibilities included maintenance of files, all correspondence, billing patients and/or their medical plans, following up late payments, and payroll for three doctors and four or five nurses and clerks.
- Household Finance Corporation
- April 1969 to August 1970
- Office Girl
- Office duties included handling a cash drawer, keeping records of loans made and payments received, balancing the books each evening and each month, and many related details. It was also my responsibility to catch up a large backlog of correspondence and keep it up to date. I did some credit investigation and began to interview customers for loans. Shortly before leaving for Bible School I was offered the opportunity to be a Training Supervisor for the Western Division.
- Tele Tech
- Date finished: August 2003
- Customer Service Representative Training
- Institute of Children's Literature
- Date finished: September 2000
- Writing for Children and Teenagers, Diploma
- IBM Guided Learning Centre
- Date finished: September 1983
- Computer Concepts / System 36 Operations
Trinity Western College
- Date finished: April 1975
- English 101--Introduction to Writing
- English 102--Introduction to Literature
Burrard Inlet Bible Institute
- Date finished: April 1973
- Three-Year General Course in English Bible, Diploma